Life Simplified - Winner of 2013 Telly Award

Ask Dr. Tseday: July 9, 2009

AD from Los Angeles, CA asks: Two doctors have advised me to start taking my children to a psychologist so that they get support until my divorce is finalized. From reading all of your articles, I know you have a different perspective on things. Do you think the same way about this?

Dr. Tseday responds: It depends on how you and their father handle the idea of divorcing, the divorce process, and how both of you behave after the divorce is finalized. Parents are to be the primary support for their children. Although the divorce will have an impact on your children, the degree of that impact would be determined by how you two manage the whole thing. The best possible scenario under the circumstances would be for you two to be as civil and decent as possible, and put your children’s well-being first.

About the author

Dr. Tseday is a clinical psychologist and one of the country's leading experts in marriage, relationships, and self development. She advocates a unique and at times controversial approach to the dynamics of marriage and personal development, the necessary element for a successful relationship. Read more »

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>